WHAT IS A MOMMY MAKEOVER?
A mommy makeover is a one-day transformation that:
- Removes excess, lax skin
- Smooths and firms the abdomen
- Contours the waist
- Lifts, fills, and reshapes the breasts
- Reclaims your confidence!
Although it is deemed a “mommy makeover” for women whose bodies have declined after childbirth, Body Aesthetic Center’s mommy makeover package is available for any patient seeking a streamlined new figure!
PROCEDURES INCLUDED IN A MOMMY MAKEOVER
BREAST AUGMENTATION AND BREAST LIFT
- Since breastfeeding greatly affects the bosom after pregnancy, a breast augmentation (mammoplasty) with an optional breast lift (mastopexy) are the central procedures bundled in a mommy makeover. Not every woman requires a breast lift, but since a new mother’s breasts increase in cup sizes and drop back down once she finishes breastfeeding, the skin stretches and sags. This fluctuation leaves her with a flatter, drooping chest that requires surgical lifting. A breast augmentation procedure reshapes, improves fullness, and restores volume in the breasts through implants. Patients choose between silicone and saline implants, smooth versus textured, and decide optimal breast size with their board-certified surgeon.
- A breast reduction can be bundled in a mommy makeover in place of a breast augmentation or lift. A breast reduction procedure is a form of mammoplasty that reduces the size and weight of the breasts by removing excess tissue and skin. The breasts are then lifted for a hoisted appearance. This procedure is advantageous for women whose breasts grew exorbitantly during pregnancy or who have always had heavy breasts. Not only does a breast reduction improve the bosom’s appearance, but it corrects discomfort such as back pain, poor posture, tension headaches, and deep bra strap marks caused by weighty breasts.
- Liposuction, also known as liposculpture or lipo, recontours waistlines that have lost definition after pregnancy. Fat deposits in the subcutaneous layer, the deepest layer of the skin, are the most resistant to diet and exercise. Your surgeon will suction the stubborn fat from your waistline, abdomen, and back folds with a thin tube called a cannula. Lipo is noninvasive and yields noticeable, permanent results in as quick as one session!
- An extended arm lift is similar to the traditional method. However, the incision of an extended arm lift extends from the armpit to the elbow crease and can stretch to the chest wall and surrounding areas. The extended arm lift technique provides the most extreme results since it targets more body areas. Residual scarring will fade over time.
BENEFITS OF A MOMMY MAKEOVER
A mommy makeover is a one-day transformation that corrects body issues that diet and exercise cannot rectify. Since a mommy makeover involves bundling several beauty-altering procedures, this package provides comprehensive benefits aside from its convenience.
Breast Augmentation & Breast Lift Benefits
- Hoists fallen breasts for a perkier appearance
- Creates a flattering bust-to-waist ratio
- Breast implants provide more prominent, shapely, and symmetrical breasts
- Reshapes the breasts according to the patient’s desires
Breast Reduction Benefits
- Reduces breast size and weight
- Removes stretched skin and lifts the breasts
- Corrects back pain and discomfort caused by a heavy bosom
- Improves posture and increases physical mobility
Tummy Tuck Benefits
- Improves the overall appearance of the midsection
- Eliminates loose excess skin
- Tightens and contours the waistline
- Restores the abdominal structure if muscles separated during childbirth
- Eliminates body fat in areas where diet and exercise have not prevailed
- Achievable in nearly any body area
- Visible changes in just one session
- Noninvasive with a quick recovery time
MOMMY MAKEOVER RESULTS AND RECOVERY
The final results of a mommy makeover begin to actualize 6 months after surgery. Since this makeover involves a series of procedures in one operation, it is imperative to remain patient as your body recovers. Your board-certified surgeon will enforce specific aftercare instructions; these orders may vary depending on the procedures performed. However, mommy makeover patients can expect to follow a general recovery timeline:
Week 1 Post-Op
The first week after a mommy makeover will be the most unpleasant, as this is when swelling, pain, and nausea peak. Patients should rest and be tended to 24/7 by a trusted family member, friend, or licensed nurse. Body Aesthetic Center’s mommy makeover surgeon will prescribe pain medication that should be taken regularly as directed since pain will peak in the first 48 to 72 hours after surgery.
1 Month Post-Op
Swelling and bruising at the incision sites begin to subside within the first month, and light walking and desk work are permitted at this time. Talk to your surgeon about resuming sexual activity and other exercises since raising blood pressure too soon after surgery puts pressure on the incision site and increases the risk of pain spasms, infection, and internal bleeding. Patients must continue wearing their post-surgical bras and compression garments to ensure the best results.
3 Months Post-Op
After three months, the majority of your mommy makeover results should no longer be obstructed by bruising and swelling. However, there may still be some inflammation on the abdomen, as tummy tucks take longer to heal than liposuction, and breast procedures.
6 to 12 Months Post-Op
Post-operative scar care is imperative for a successful recovery. While tummy tuck and breast augmentation scars do not disappear entirely, proper aftercare can fade them to near indiscernibility.
PREPARING FOR A MOMMY MAKEOVER
Preparation for a mommy makeover depends on the procedures elected. Your surgeon at Body Aesthetic Center will provide you with preparatory instructions based on the requirements of your specific surgeries. However, there are general preparation guidelines patients should follow to ensure a smoother operation and recovery.
- Undergo all preoperative physicals or labs issued by your surgeon
- Discontinue smoking at least 4 weeks before surgery
- Do not consume alcohol 48 hours before surgery
- Fill your pain medication prescription beforehand
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, or any supplements that thin the blood at least 2 to 4 weeks before your mommy makeover
- Prepare your surgical bras, compression garments, and scar creams
- Stock up on low-sodium food and snacks
- Arrange for a friend or family member to drive you to and from the surgery
- Organize childcare and personal care as you recover from the surgery
IS A MOMMY MAKEOVER RIGHT FOR ME?
The good news is, you do not have to be a mother to undergo a mommy makeover procedure! A mommy makeover got its name because this bundle of procedures addresses many women's body issues after childbirth (e.g., undefined waist, fallen breasts, etc.) However, age, illness, and extreme weight loss can also affect these areas, thus making a mommy makeover a viable option for nearly all women.
A mommy makeover may be right for you if:
- You are in good general health
- You are finished having children
- You are at (or near) your ideal weight, as dramatic fluctuations in weight negatively influence the makeover results
YOUR BEAUTY TRANSFORMATION AWAITS
Whether you are a local or out-of-town patient, Body Aesthetic Center caters entirely to your needs as you embark on your beauty transformation. We deliver premier care so you can focus exclusively on becoming your most vibrant self! To schedule a private consultation, please submit your contact information. Once your request is submitted, we will contact you to arrange an appointment with the surgeon of your choice and answer any questions you may have.
MOMMY MAKEOVER FAQS
Absolutely! The board-certified surgeons at Body Aesthetic Center collaborate with patients to customize their mommy makeover procedures according to their problem areas. Your surgeon will review your problem areas and design a specialized plan to achieve your desired look.
Childbirth is traumatic on the body, and it takes at least 6 months for body areas to heal, weight to regularize, and hormones to regulate. Patients should wait six months to a year before undergoing a mommy makeover to procure the best results.
Most women can breastfeed after undergoing a breast augmentation procedure as part of their mommy makeover. Since the breasts are directly impacted during surgery, there is a risk that the surgery could interfere with milk production in the future. Therefore, we recommend undergoing a mommy makeover when you are finished childbearing to avoid sabotaging your aesthetic results.
Yes, combining mommy makeover procedures are perfectly safe. Aside from the usual breast procedures, tummy tuck, and liposuction, face rejuvenation procedures are also available. While combining these procedures is generally safe, it is essential to consult with your board-certified surgeon at Body Aesthetic Center to confirm if the surgeries you desire are suitable for you.
Since the mommy makeover is a bundle of various surgeries, the associated risks may vary by procedure. While this is not a comprehensive list, these are some possible complications mommy makeover patients should be aware of:
- Excessive bleeding
- Loss of sensation in surgical areas
- Inability to breastfeed in the future
- Pulmonary complications
- Cardiac complications
- Leaking implants
- Fat necrosis (death of fatty tissue)
- Fat embolization (fat blocks blood flow in the vessels)
- Negative reaction to anesthesia
The mommy makeover recovery time varies depending on the procedures performed and your body’s unique healing process. However, on average, most women recover 2 to 6 weeks post-op if they closely adhere to the designated aftercare instructions. Your surgeon will provide you with a specialized recovery timeline for your particular circumstance.
The incisions placed on the body during a mommy makeover depend on the surgeries combined and their respective procedural methods. A tummy tuck incision is placed on the lower abdomen, and a breast augmentation requires entry through the armpit, navel, areola, or underneath the breast crease. The incisions formed during liposuction or other facial rejuvenation procedures vary. Your board-certified surgeon will provide you with more detailed information regarding the surgery at your private consultation.
Mommy makeover scars appear as raised red lines on the skin. The kind of mommy makeover scars you sustain is determined by the specific surgeries bundled into your mommy makeover procedure. Mommy makeover patients typically sustain a scar on the breast from their chosen breast procedure and in the lower abdomen from the tummy tuck. Although the scars may never disappear entirely, proper post-op scar care can fade them to near invisibility.
A mommy makeover takes between 4 to 8 hours to complete, depending on the procedures elected.
The cost of a mommy makeover at Body Aesthetic Center ranges between $8,000 to $20,000USD, depending on the patient’s current condition and desired results. Since each circumstance is unique, your board-certified plastic surgeon will provide you with an exclusive design and strategy with a personalized price at your initial consultation.