Major weight loss is an incredible accomplishment. However, one result you may not have anticipated is unwanted skin and tissue. Body contouring refers to a number of procedures designed to enhance the shape and appearance of your body after significant shedding of pounds. For many, it is the icing on the cake of their physical transformation.
What is body contouring?
For the most part, losing weight has positive consequences: better health and mobility, a leaner appearance, and a boost in self-confidence. The biggest complaint that many “big losers” have is the loose skin and tissue that no amount of nutritious eating or physical activity seems to be able to banish.
Body reshaping surgery is a safe and popular solution to these concerns. Depending on your unique situation, you and your doctor may decide on one or more of the following procedures:
- Tummy tuck;
- Breast rejuvenation (including lift, reduction, or augmentation)
- Arm lift;
- Buttock lift;
- Circumferential lift (belt procedure);
- Inner thigh lift;
- Panniculectomy (the removal of excess skin on the lower abdomen).
Candidates for the procedure
You are a good candidate for Body Contouring if:
- You have unwanted skin after significant weight loss that will not go away with diet and exercise;
- You are at or near your ideal weight;
- You have realistic expectations and goals and want this procedure for yourself and not because someone else wants you to have it;
- You don’t smoke. Tobacco use slows healing and interferes with optimal blood circulation.
What can body contouring achieve?
Body Contouring in Miami can help you to do what exercise and a nutritious diet are incapable of accomplishing on their own. As part of a healthy lifestyle, Body Contouring can take you through the final steps of the transformation you have always wanted. The sculpting surgery can add shape and dimension to virtually any part of your silhouette: breasts, arms, upper or lower abdomen, or thighs. In many cases, multiple areas can be targeted in one day, leading to a speedier recovery and more comprehensive results. Upon successfully recovering from Body Contouring in Miami, many patients finally achieve the mobility, confidence, and self-esteem they have always dreamed about.
Surgical Body contouring procedures to consider after major Weight loss
Body Contouring surgery encompasses a number of distinct procedures, all of which are designed to sculpt your limbs or various parts of your torso to give you the shape you want. Which particular procedures you get depend on your unique situation as well as the recommendations of your surgeon. Types of Body Contouring include:
- Abdominoplasty or tummy tuck in which excess abdominal skin is removed and stomach muscles repaired and tightened;
- Breast surgeries. Pregnancy, aging, and major weight loss can have a negative effect on the breasts, resulting in sagging, loss of volume, and even asymmetry. As part of Body Contouring, a surgeon can correct these problems. In a breast lift, excess skin is removed and surrounding tissue tightened, resulting in a perkier and more youthful contour. Breast reduction involves surgically removing unwanted fat and glandular tissue to make the chest more balanced with the rest of the body and to reduce the pain, skin irritation, and other physical difficulties that can accompany large breasts. Finally, breast augmentation utilizes saline or silicone implants to increase the size and volume of small or deflated-looking breasts;
- Brachioplasty or arm lift. This procedure reshapes your upper arm from your armpit to your elbow through the removal of excess skin and tissue. As a result, you can achieve a more contoured appearance and better muscle tone;
- Buttock lift. During this procedure, the surgeon removes extra skin or fat from your buttocks and repositions what remains to bring about a more lifted and toned appearance;
- Circumferential body lift (belt procedure). In this lower body lift procedure, excess skin in the lower abdomen, buttocks, and thighs is removed in one single operation. The dramatic results achieved by this procedure can be the grand finale to major weight loss or bariatric surgery;
- Thigh lift. As the name suggests, this procedure tightens and contours the skin of the thighs. It can be targeted toward the inner or outer thigh either individually or through an all-encompassing vertical lift;
- Upper and lower body lift. Both of these involve getting rid of excess skin or tissue. However, the upper body lift involves the arms, breasts, lower chest, and armpit. Incisions are made along the body, skin, and tissue is removed and sutures are made to lift and contour the remaining skin. Lower body lift involves removing skin from the buttocks, hips, and thighs, with the skin pulled and tightened to bring about a transformation in appearance.
Skilled Bariatric and Cosmetic surgeon in Miami
At Body Aesthetic Center, we are proud to have Dr. Scott Moradian as our star bariatric and body contouring surgeon. With his empathetic manner, open communication style, knowledge, and experience, Dr. Moradian can walk with you throughout your entire weight loss and physical transformation journey, from weight loss surgery all the way through to body contouring surgery.
The process of transitioning from being severely overweight to having the physique you want is deeply personal and complex. Dr. Moradian is uniquely qualified to be your loyal supporter and ally from start to finish.
Your Body contouring surgery at Body Aesthetic Center
At Body Aesthetic Center, we are dedicated to helping you to become your best and most beautiful self. Body reshaping surgery is an extremely effective way to achieve the comprehensive transformation you have been working toward throughout your weight loss journey. From the moment you visit Body Aesthetic Center for your initial consultation to your final follow-up after successful Body Contouring Miami, Dr. Moradian and his knowledgeable and empathetic staff will make sure that all of your concerns and questions are answered and you are given the care and attention you deserve.
What are the body contouring risks?
Any procedure involves risks that you should consider before moving forward with it. Body Contouring surgery risks include the following:
- Anesthesia complications;
- Excess collections of blood or body fluids;
- Loss of circulation;
- Contour irregularities or asymmetries;
- Deep vein thrombosis.
These risks occur very rarely and can be minimized with ongoing communication between you and your surgeon before and after the body reshaping surgery.
When to consider body contouring surgery?
If you are in good health, are at or near your goal body weight, do not smoke, and have excess skin or fat that will not go away with exercise and a healthy diet now might be the time to speak to a Body Contouring surgeon.
Recovery from your procedure
Your recovery time after Body Contouring will depend on which procedures were involved. In general, however, the process takes several months.
During the first month, you may experience a good deal of pain and discomfort, which can be alleviated with medications prescribed by your doctor. Drains and surgical garments may be used during preliminary healing. Staying in touch with your surgeon, following their recommendations and bringing up any concerns as they arise will all lead to a faster and more complete recovery.
Body contouring price in Miami
Because each patient is different and procedure types vary, it is difficult to provide precise Body Contouring cost information. However, the average cost of Body Contouring Miami is $9,000. Since this is considered to be cosmetic in nature, your insurance will probably not cover the cost.
Schedule a free consultation with Dr. Moradian today
You have already gone through the hard work of significant weight loss. So why let sagging tissue and hanging skin hold you back and keep you from achieving the sleek physique of your dreams? The power is in your hands: Call Body Aesthetic Center at (786) 461 1063 to take the next step toward your final transformation.Contact us
More Body Contouring FAQs
After undergoing surgical body contouring, you can achieve noticeable alleviation of sagging tissue and skin. The techniques employed by your surgeon will bring about a more sculpted, contoured silhouette that allows you to flaunt your physique and celebrate your weight loss transformation.
Typically, this is considered to be a cosmetic procedure. Since most insurers do not deem it to be medically necessary, it is usually not covered.
No. It provides outcomes for anyone who has lost significant weight, even those who have not had weight loss surgery.
Yes. Not all Body Contouring requires surgery. Techniques such as liposuction and various kinds of sculpting are non-invasive and generally require much shorter recovery times. In some cases, your surgeon might recommend that you combine Body Contouring surgery techniques with less invasive ones. You might, for instance, receive an abdominoplasty and breast lift during Body Contouring and later augment the results with a less invasive arm or chin liposuction procedure.
The terms are often used interchangeably to refer to procedures, both surgical and nonsurgical, designed to enhance the appearance of your body, often after significant weight loss.
Choosing your cosmetic surgeon for the procedure is one of the most crucial aspects of preparing to have Body Contouring surgery. Look for a specialist who has frequently performed the procedures you want and has gotten positive patient reviews. Check the internet to make sure the doctor is board-certified and does not have a history of patient complaints. Use your free initial consultation to ask any questions you have and to determine if you are comfortable with the doctor and their staff. If you feel rushed or talked down to, keep shopping until you find a professional in whom you can place your trust.
Depending on the specific procedures you have, recovery from Body Contouring can take several months. In general, most patients can begin light exercise five weeks post-op. Consult your surgeon to receive customized recommendations.
There is no set limit on the number of contouring procedures that can be performed during one operation. However, only a certain amount of fat volume can be taken out during a single session. You and your specialist will discuss in detail what procedures are recommended and the optimal time frame that will lead to the achievement of the best results.